Develop and demonstrate a new paradigm built on an innovative industrial symbiosis (IS) model towards a zero waste approach in the resource intensive industries of the construction value chain
Tackle harmonized technological and nontechnological requirements leading to material closed-loop processes and moving to a circular economy
Propose a new industrial symbiosis model for succesful implementation that involves an IS methodoloy and an IS Platform
- Full Scale Demonstration of innovative rubber-wood plastic composite, ceramic tiles, eco-cement and green concrete manufacturing
- ETV certification for innovative symbiotic manufacturing technologies
- Evaluation of the construction material value chain through LCA
Closed loop recycling processes in cement, plastics, glass, natural stone and ceramic industries
Geo-referencing and innovative data management tools for the ICT Platform
- Using resources more efficiently in a circular economy
– Beyond 15% reduction of waste generation
– Beyond 12% gains in productivity for waste treatment.
– Beyond 20% improvement in energy efficiency and associated GHG savings.
- Contributing to greener technologies deployment in SPIRE industries and in the construction sector value chain, as well as to the green job generation.
- Facilitating knowledge diffusion and innovation process by means of Transition Management and Living Labs tools to further encourage more sustainable behaviour across the sector.