R2CITIES | Renovation of Residential urban spaces: Towards nearly zero energy CITIES
Renovation of Residential urban spaces: Towards nearly zero energy CITIES
Seventh framework programme of the European Community for research and technological development including demonstration activities
2013 - 2018
Develop and demonstrate replicable strategies for designing, constructing and managing large scale district renovation projects for achieving nearly zero energy cities.
- Three demonstrations of residential district retrofitting, in dierent countries, climate conditions and user’s habits
- A very ambitious dissemination programme focused on public and professional audiences
- Several studies of cost-effective solutions for the holistic improvement of the energy performance of buildings at district level (definition of standard indicators and new diagnosis approach, analysis of existing energy technologies in a systemic approach, new strategies for urban energy planning, …)
- Deployment of a rigorous measurement and verification of energy performance and savings plan for each demonstration, taking into account standard protocols as IPMVP
- A market and replication deployment plan, in order to ensure the project impact at business level, and a results exploitation strategy suitable for achieve a wide impact
The very ambitious renovation plan of three residential districts, will involve more than 57.000 m2, 850 dwellings and 1500 users, with a potential of energy consumption reduction close to 60%.
Demo Site Coordinator
- Life cycle studies of district retrofitting activities
- Support to the retrofitting project design of Kartal Demonstration District
- Support to the R2Cities design methodology with environmental aspects
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Programme for research,
technological development and demonstration under grant agreement No 314473.